https://bonesmartpilates.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pilates-bonesmart.jpg 0 0 Teresa Maldonado Marchok https://bonesmartpilates.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/pilates-bonesmart.jpg Teresa Maldonado Marchok2017-02-28 16:24:512021-09-21 14:03:13Don’t fall off the resolution wagon!
It’s February – a little over a month into 2017! Are you keeping your resolutions to make positive and healthy changes in your life? Here are some hints from Forbes Magazine and Psychologist Dr. Paul Marciano.
- Make your goals specific. People proclaim, “I’m finally going to get in shape.” But what does that actually mean?
- Measure progress. “If you can measure it, you can change it” is a fundamental principal of psychology.
- Be patient. Progress is seldom linear. Some people will see rapid gains only to hit resistance later in their efforts.
- Share your goals with friends and family. Social support is critical. Yes, it takes some personal courage and vulnerability to share something that you might actually fail at, but to dramatically increase your odds of success you’ll want support from those around you.
- Schedule it. Have you ever said you can’t “find the time” to do something. Nobody finds time, we choose time. We all choose to spend our time the way we do—whether that’s eating junk food or going to a spin class. Make your new goals a priority and actually schedule them into your calendar.
- Something is better than nothing. Are you guilty of “all or nothing” thinking?
- Get up, when you slip up. Legendary coach Vince Lombardi said, “It isn’t whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.” Resiliency is paramount. Don’t turn temporary failures into total meltdowns or excuses for giving up.