If you have low bone density, weight-bearing exercises are included, and safe mat variations are offered.
Incorporating the science of aging, we challenge your nervous system through fun movement brain games to develop new neural pathways that improve balance, fall response time, and focus. We work on core, lower and upper body strength and practice catching ourselves safely if we trip to help prevent injury.
Expect improved posture, injury prevention, coordination, core strength, flexibility, and balance with crossover benefits to your daily sports and activities. These classes are appropriate for the beginner to the advanced intermediate active ager. No prior Pilates experience necessary, just a willingness to learn and have fun.
These drop-in, bone-safe virtual classes taught by a licensed PT include:
- Express classes: A full body workout in half an hour, including:
- Superpowers (Strength training with hand weights for core, arms, legs, and hips)
- Restorative Pilates (Restore strength and mobility therapeutically)
- Active Aging Bootie Barre (Glute focus for strong hips and a pain-free back)
- Roll and Release (Using a foam roller, we release tight spots and promote ease)
- HIIT (Bone-safe Intervals followed by some brain-enhancing, metabolism-boosting simple dances)
- Signature BoneSmart Pilates 1-hour classes that incorporate standing and matwork to build muscle, bone, and balance
Bonus: Live feedback from Teresa
$10 per 1/2hr class
$20 per 1hr Signature BoneSmart Class